Sunday, April 21, 2013

200 and going strong!

Hello Lovelies~

 Can you believe this is my 200th post? It seems almost crazy to think about, but I am very pleased and thankful that all of you have stuck with me and come back week after week, month after month, to read about my thoughts and opinions on various things or about a great day out I had all dressed up!

It's because of you that I keep doing this, so Thank You!!!!

 Ok!

So, for this post I debated about doing a lot of things. I reread my first ever post, thinking I might do an updated version of it, to mark the occasion, but what I realized was I still stand by what I said all those years ago.

 Skirts and Blouses are great ways to maximize your wardrobe without selling your kidney. Five skirts, Five shirts, and various accessories can keep you style-ish all month long. Mix and Match to create new looks and don't be afraid to express yourself with colors and prints!

 I also started updating my layout. I'm not finished yet, but it's a start. I really like the background. It's like a pastel galaxy! So keep an eye out for more changes to come.

Finally I decided to do a post about a different type of beauty. Which is inner beauty.

 I talk a lot about what I'm buying and what I'm doing and that's all well and good, but I also like to volunteer and enrich my community. While I'm not one to go out and help build a house, I participate in a project called, 'World Book Night', which is coming up on April 23rd. 20 copies of various chosen books are given out for free all around the world!

It's all about helping light to non readers find joy in books. It has a large age bracket, but is generally meant for teens and up.

 I am a Book Giver this year and I am so excited. I just received 20 copies of Rick Riordan's best selling book, 'Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief'. I'll be stopping by The Boys and Girls club in my area and reading to the book groups there before giving out a few copies of the book, then will be going to the local shelters to give away the rest of the books to the families there so that the families can read together.

I am really proud to help this wonderful cause!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...